Monday, October 14, 2013

Sweet Success!

Hi Friends,

I hope you all had a great weekend! 

What is this?



Yes, my deck, some pepper and tomato plants..........but it's also SUNLIGHT!!!  I almost ran my white Irish butt outside stark naked to bask in the sunlight and soak in some vitamin D around 11:00am this morning.  If you are not from this area, then you are probably unaware that it has been a complete deluge for 9 consecutive days.

I've never been that concerned with the weather, but you see, I made it my mission to buy coats for a local homeless shelter this past weekend.  Our town-wide yard sales were this past Saturday & Sunday morning, and the rain certainly put a damper on things (sorry, couldn't help myself).  I was worried sick that they'd be postponed, or worse, canceled.  Alas, the amazing folks of Purcellville pushed through and sold their old possessions under the shelter of EZ-UP Tents, umbrellas and garages.

Regardless of the rain and conditions, WE DID IT YOU GUYS, TAKE A LOOK:


 

 
These 2 are incredible helpers by the way!  They helped me lay the coats out, count and take inventory.

On Saturday, my husband and I left at 8:30am and didn't get home until 1:30pm.  Let me tell you, we met the nicest people, and it made me so proud to live in this town!  Once they saw my extensive coat list, many people would inquire about why I was looking for so many coats, I would explain, and then they would immediately lower their prices.  One lady actually GAVE me a couple of beautiful coats......I was ready to give her big hugs and tell her how much I loved her, but then I realized how weird that would be, so instead I just thanked her profusely :)!  I got 2 free snow-bibs and 2 free puffy vests for small children as well.

Can I tell you that I've never been so in love with my husband as I was on Saturday morning?  Todd spent his hard-earned dollars and hours of his time standing in the rain negotiating coat prices on behalf of individuals whom he has never met.  He is just incredible!

We are dropping off the coats tomorrow, and I am as pleased as punch with our sweet success!  I certainly hope that everyone loves their coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment