Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Smile

I woke up this morning in one cranky mood and for my children's sake I'm trying to cheer myself up!  Who the heck wants to be near an impatient & unpleasant person, I know that I don't, and I figure that they don't either.  My husband didn't get home until almost 8:30pm last night, leaving me with dinner & pre-bedtime duties = chaos and stress!  Both kids have raging head-colds and have short fuses with one another, so if you can imagine it was argument after argument, tears and more tears, several tantrums, yes, this went on for HOURS.  I was also wiping noses every minute because it's an absolute snot-fest in here, and I'm almost to the point of encouraging them to just use their sleeves (gross, I know, but I just can't keep wiping).  By 7:15pm, I contemplated locking myself in a closet, but I figured it wouldn't be the best idea considering the neighbors would hear the incessant blood-curdling screams from the children and probably would call Child Protective Services.  Sooooo, I did what any A+ mother would do.......I poured myself a very large glass of wine, said 874 prayers and dug deep to keep my cool.  I woke up this morning to our dinner dishes, more dirty laundry and a grocery list that is as long as the Great Wall of China, so I was feeling a bit overwhelmed.

To cheer up and change my sour mood, I purchased these beauties for myself home at the grocery store (Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers!):


and baked these delicious Gluten-free chocolate chip cookies:


Sometimes a girl just needs to buy herself flowers and bake a half-dozen chocolate chip cookies (that she'll eat gluttonously) in order to smile.  I'm determined to make this a good day!  I hope that everyone has a wonderful Tuesday as well......go ahead, do a little something nice for yourself, we all deserve to smile. :)  Josh Groban sang it best........................

1 comment:

  1. (just finished eating a cookie) I've been in the same boat! Not for the same reason, more the stress of this impending wedding. But I know how you are feeling :-) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete